In cooperation with the Bio Nuclear Agriculture Research Institute, Safi Sana Ghana ltd will continue to do research on further optimization of the organic fertilizer and production processes. In 2012 we have finalised a first step in defining the preferred fertiliser product for our local customer. In 2013 we focus on making the product and processes ready for the market entry in the course of the year. Within the Safi Sana team we have two people full-time working on product development and marketing and sales.
Job title: Project Manager (Ghana)Company: Safi Sana Ghana Ltd Location: Country Office, Accra, Ghana Contract basis: full time
Within the next one year, the Project Manager is expected to play a pivotal role within the organization regarding waste treatment and production of fertiliser and energy. The successful candidate will direct, organize and control the various activities in the three sectors (waste sourcing and production of bio-fertilizer and energy) under the direction of the Management Team (MT).
- Communicates set objectives to all the team members outlining their responsibilities and targets;
- Coordinates the technical and research processes with all the appointed team members and external experts, leading to a waste treatment process, the fertilizer product and an electricity product ready for upscaling in Ashaiman;
- Develops and maintains a detailed project schedule which includes administrative tasks and field/site operations;
- Coordinates the legal and institutional obligations (e.g EPA, MOFA, EC certification);
- Matches the technical development of all products with the marketing strategy;
- Responsible for coordinating the up scaling of the technical design process in Ashaiman (e.g. plant design, etc);
- Facilitating effective flow of information between team members;
- Reports to the Project Manager.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Project management
- Technical process supervision
- People and team management skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledge of the fertilizer certification process is required;
- Knowledge about the renewable energy industry and familiarity with the renewable energy act of Ghana are desirable.
Masters Degree in Chemical or Civil Engineering, Environmental Technology, or a related field, with a minimum of 4 years post qualification industrial experience.Contact For more information contact: Raymond Okrofu
The public toilet in Teshie is now open! The operation is franchised to Jekora Ventures, a waste company in Accra. It is expected to service about 1,000 people per day and has both sitting (WC) and squat toilets. The public toilet also has a vending point for drinking water. With this public toilet we are able to test the management for high quality and stable services in order to provide value for money to the local customer. In addition we will test the quality of the fecal sludge for treatment and production of fertilizer and energy. The kiosk is attended by Vida (on the picture).
Jekora Ventures Ltd and Safi Sana Ghana Ltd signed the management contract for the operation of the public toilet in Teshie. Jekora Ventures Ltd is an established and successful waste collection company in the centre of Accra and currently also operates another public toilet in the northern part of Teshie. In the first year both companies will closely monitor and evaluate the operation and waste management to optimize service quality and the commercial viability of the service.
The construction of the Teshie toilet block (20-seater) has been finished. Safi Sana Ghana Ltd signed a management contract with the local Jekora Ventures Ltd. In the first year Jekora and Safi Sana will test the Safi Sana management model and waste control. The local community will play an important role in assessing the success of this pilot. In the surrounding area of the block, including the beach side, there is a grey water and solid waste pollution. Jekora Ventures, Safi Sana Ghana ltd and the local authorities (LeKMA) have joined forces to clean the area and develop a program to give the beach its original purpose, a recreative site for the local community.
At the 6th October Safi Sana Ghana ltd celebrated the project progress with its stakeholders and the press. The following video was on national TV.
The construction of our research lab in cooperation with the Bio Nuclear Agriculture Reseach Institute, has reached its final stage. In two weeks we expect to open our second treatment site. At our first site we currently collect various liquid and organic wastes for anaerobic treatment and production of biogas. The sludge is post-treated at our co-composting site in collaboration with BNARI for the production of organic fertilizer.
After the start of the construction of a 20 seater in Teshie, we also started the construction of a 14 seater in Ashaiman. This CSB is located at the Aforiwa market in the north east corner of Ashaiman. The new CSB will replace the current EnvironLoo toilets. In the near future the market will be further developped with the construction of a shopping centre. The waste from this toilet will also be collected and transported to our treatment site for the purpose of biogas and fertilizer production. Church of Christ, one of our partners will be participating on the operation of the block.