Vacancy: Data Analyst (fulltime), Safisana Ghana
Safisana Ghana, located in Adjei Kojo, Ashaiman (Greater Accra Metropolitan Area) is seeking to hire a full-time Data Analyst to be responsible for generating, organizing and interpreting diverse forms of data and presenting it in an informative and comprehensible manner. The candidate needs to possess strong analytical skills as their responsibilities involve collecting, interpreting, and analyzing data along with other analytics within a manufacturing business environment.
In 2017, Safisana opened its first waste-to-resource plant in Ghana - the first in West Africa reaching around 80,000 people with improved social economic and environmental living conditions. In the coming decade, we aim to scale our business in and beyond Ghana.
About your role
Safisana Ghana is currently in search of an experienced data analyst who will play a crucial role in providing data-driven insights to the organization's decision-makers. This position entails overseeing the implementation of various data projects, researching data management resources, and carrying out ongoing data analysis of processes and procedures to improve operational efficiency. The Data Analyst will be responsible for developing data dashboards for internal use, fostering strong relationships with other experts in the fields of energy, environment, sanitation, and health who specialize in data management, as well as offering technical assistance and recommendations needed.
- Identifies business intelligence, reporting, and data analysis needs of the organization
- Identifies, collects, processes, and analyzes internal and external data relating to various organizational functions and programs
- Creates comprehensible and usable information and uses techniques and tools such as diagrams, graphs, and reports to convey information to internal and external stakeholders
- Performs basic and complex data analyses on both quantitative and qualitative data relevant to the business, policies, and practices
- Monitors data quality daily and ensures operational and program data is complete and accurate
- Works with the organization’s program data staff, consultant and software vendors to thoroughly understand the intricacies of the organization’s electronic records management software systems, how they operate, and ways to improve, data collection and the related processes.
- Implements solutions that support data governance, data fidelity and quality initiatives, dashboards, and data transformation through modelling, querying, and workflows
- Support the business on general analysis and strategic projects; meet with stakeholders to understand analytical needs and define metrics/KPIs/report
- Ensure on-time & accurate delivery of regular KPIs, reports, and forecasts
- Maintain deep and up-to-date knowledge of the data warehouse; troubleshoot data inconsistencies
- Translate business needs into analytical tasks, documenting & presenting results
- Build and maintain dashboards to track performance
Qualifications / Requirements
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in data analytics, mathematics, statistics, or a related field
- At least 3 years of experience in data analysis/ management or any related field.
- He/she also needs strong analytical and extensive experience in the industry in which we operate
Skills / Abilities
- Working knowledge of statistical methodologies, data analysis techniques, data management, dashboards, modelling, querying, and workflows.
- Understands best practices of analytical techniques, engages in organized information gathering, understands cross-functional requirements, and can present findings to all levels of management.
- Experience and comfort in working with various database software and web-based reporting
- Data generation and collection, cleaning and Preprocessing, analysis, visualization, modelling, and data quality assurance
- Collaborative Decision-Making
- Experience in continuous Learning and Improvement
- Knowledgeable in Data Privacy and Security
- Demonstrate a level of independence in driving analysis
Apply on or before 30/12/2023 by completing the web form here.