Vacancy Project Manager Engineering (fulltime)
We are looking for a Project Manager Engineering (40 hours/week) to join our Global Team in The Netherlands.
Safisana is an innovative enterprise providing unique solutions for sanitation and waste recycling in low income countries, impacting hygienic and health conditions in local communities. Safisana’s recycling plant in Ashaiman, Ghana, is the first proven recycling concept plant that shows positive returns on investment. We are now poised for significant growth across the continent over the next 3 years. Building on the success of the Ashaiman Recycling Plant in Ghana, we are seeking a Project Manager Engineering to join our dynamic senior team and help to drive our expansion.
Who are we looking for?
You will be an exceptional individual with demonstrable technical project development and management skills and experience in developing infrastructure projects in low income countries. You will enjoy working with multiple stakeholders in challenging environments, carry a sharp pencil, and have a keen eye for technical details and managing multiple technical development processes. You will be based at the Safisana office in Weesp/Amsterdam with international travel.
Purpose of the job:
To plan and approve the technical and functional designs of recycling plants, equipment and structures for new projects, manage the design process, oversee the construction, and lead
the commissioning of new waste (water) recycling plants and provide technical support to the operating teams.
● Engineering: To create and uphold standardized functional and technical designs for Safisana treatment solutions. To inspect, assess and review the technical functionality of existing treatment systems.
● Design and construct: To prepare scoping and preliminary design reports for new treatment plants and design in detail alterations and expansion of existing treatment plants.
● Project management: To manage the development and implementation of new treatment plant projects to be completed to specification, in time and within budget. To initiate operational design reviews and lead the commissioning to hand over new
plants to operations.
● Technical support: To provide technical assistance to operational teams for Root cause analysis of technical breakdowns, review of capacity utilization improvement plans and analysis of monthly/quarterly maintenance records.
Skills & experience requirements
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
● Able to prepare complex technical/financial budgets, analyze, control the progress and report;
● Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, in an international, intercultural setting;
● Understand the complex technological principles of combining waste water treatment technology with faecal sludge and solid biological waste treatment;
● Understand the complex economic principles of circular designs for public service, energy and/or agricultural sectors;
● Able to manage and coordinate the work of technical and clerical personnel, project administration policies and procedures;
● Use of automated engineering systems such as GIS, CAD, BIM programs and general data base analytical tools such as Power BI;
● A minimum of 4 years’ work experience in design engineer role at an international engineering firm and a minimum of 2 years experience in project management;
● Bachelors/master degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Civil engineering.
Candidates with the following will be advantaged:
● Previous work in Low Income Countries
● Proficient in English and Dutch to negotiate. Candidates that are proficient in French are preferred.
Attitude and Culture
Safisana maintains a fast paced, results driven environment. Therefore, we seek a candidate with:
● A pro-active approach, externally focused and future oriented with clear results orientation;
● A hands-on approach, can do mentality, flexible in taking on work in a start-up environment.
Do you want to become part of a pioneering and innovative working environment and make impact? Apply now by completing the form below. We look forward to your application!
Applications will be accepted until December 24th, 2020.
Join the movement