Vacancy Assistant Agronomist
(National Service Internship)
Safisana Ghana, located in Adjei Kojo, Ashaiman is seeking to hire an Assistant Agronomist (fulltime) to drive the Agronomy Department from transition-to-scale.
Safisana has developed a circular business model for local waste treatment for governments, utilities, and food processing industries. Our recycling plants turn organic waste and faecal sludge into high-value products: renewable energy, organic fertilizer, and irrigation water. Safisana also has an agronomy department that is into crop production in three sections: Greenhouse, Hydroponics, and Farm field.
Purpose of the job
As the Assistant Agronomist, you will be involved in designing, developing and implementing of strategies to drive production and sales. Collaborating with the Senior Agronomist, you will examine, research and improve crop management, output, and quality. You will also develop tailored agronomic approaches and oversee interventions for Safisana Ghana. The candidate will collaborate with the Senior Agronomist in planning, developing, and facilitating comprehensive technical assistance, agribusiness market linkages, and agriculture extension support emphasizing on increasing production and profitability of agribusiness income generation opportunities.
● Involvement in the marketing and sale of farm produce and organic compost
● Assist in the development and implementation of sales strategies for farm produce and organic compost
● Develop and maintain client relationships
● Developing better planting, cultivation, and harvesting techniques, improving crop yield, and solving problems
● Researching and promoting agricultural strategies to counter the effects of changes in soil, climate, weather, and pest damage
● Visiting fields to collect seed, plant, and soil samples.
● Assisting to test samples for nutritional deficiencies, diseases, or other changes.
● Assisting with the plant sourcing, testing, and selection
● Assisting to generate reports and presenting findings to management, clients, or other interested parties.
● Assisting to develop planting and irrigation schedules, budgets, and timelines
● Bachelor Degree in Agribusiness, Crop Science, Agric-Economics or related field
● Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
● Experience with Sales and Marketing
Required Skills / Abilities
● Knowledge of agri-food chain processes
● Commercial and marketing acumen
● Knowledge of Crop Protection (including knowledge in the standard application of organic Insecticides, Fungicide, Nematicides, etc.)
● Basic knowledge in the management of Greenhouse and Hydroponics
Please fill out the application form below before the 1st of July. Should you have any questions, don't hesitate to mail to firstname.lastname@example.org We look forward to your application!
Join the movement