Vacancy: Agronomy Production Manager,
Safisana Ghana, located in Adjei Kojo, Ashaiman is seeking to hire a full-time Agronomy Production Manager to work with the agronomy business unit that is primarily responsible for vegetables production (open field, greenhouse and hydroponics).
Safisana has developed a circular business model for local waste treatment for governments, utilities, and food processing industries. The Safisana recycling plant in Ashaiman turns organic waste and faecal sludge into high-value products: renewable energy (electricity), organic fertiliser, and irrigation water. Safisana also has an agronomy department that is into vegetable production in three sections: Greenhouse, Hydroponics, and Farm Field.
Purpose of the job
In this position the incumbent is expected to look at how to improve Safisana’s agricultural production and processing capabilities, provide leadership with the cultivation of vegetables for the food industry and general public (in open fields, greenhouses and hydroponic systems), help define planting plans, select irrigation techniques and plan harvests. As Safisana is exploring to establish an integrated farm field model and investigating innovative methods on how to develop this further, we are looking for an Agronomist who is able to lead on these production areas including the fortification of Safisana’s organic fertilizer.
In this position you are expected to work with potential customers to identify needs and offer solutions via recommendations and placement of Safi Sana compost, crops and (possibly) seedlings.
● Create strategies in strengthening crop production and crop management
● Be responsible for the day-to-day management of crop production and harvesting in the greenhouse, farm field, and hydroponics including the planning, logging, and reporting.
● Own the economics of production areas including budgeting, unit economics and forecasting of sales
● Provide significant input in the sales and marketing plan that outlines all the strategies that are critical for production and distribution (e.g. compost, seedlings, crops)
● Be proactive and identify market needs and clients for crop production and sales
● Initiate newer techniques in soil and organic fertilizer management processes
● Supervise, coach and monitor the implementation of demonstration plots and nurseries
● Attend and represent the Safisana product in relevant agri-fairs and agri-related programmes.
● BSc in Agronomy, Agriculture, Soil Science or related field
● Minimum of 5 years of agronomy work experience
● In-depth knowledge of soil and crop principles
● Proven experience with unit economics and analysis
● Knowledge of / ability to use laboratory testing equipment (for chemical, physical and biological tests)
● Project management and planning skills
● Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
● Willing to travel; has a valid driver’s license
Required Skills / Abilities
● Ability to make excellent decisions and overcome challenges creatively.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Self-motivated and organized
● Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude
● Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
● Able to work additional hours to meet business demands
● Ability to work independently and proceed with objectives without close supervision
● Knowledge of agri-food chain processes with sales experience
Apply on or before Sunday 15th of December, 2021 by completing the webform here.
Join the movement