Vacancy Sales Manager Agronomy
Safisana Ghana, located in Adjei Kojo, Ashaiman is seeking to hire a full-time Sales Manager Agronomy to take responsibility for the sale of all Safisana’s products and services to companies, farmers, business houses, and other customers. The candidate will serve as the first sales manager for Safisana and will lead as a selling manager to establish sales best practices while developing a sales team.
Safisana has developed a circular business model for local waste treatment for governments, utilities, and food processing industries. The Safisana recycling plant in Ashaiman turns organic waste and faecal sludge into high-value products: renewable energy (electricity), organic fertiliser, and irrigation water. Safisana also has an agronomy department that is into vegetable production in three sections: Greenhouse, Hydroponics, and Farm Field.
Purpose of the job
Reporting to the Senior Manager, the Sales Manager will be responsible for executing the company’s sales strategy. Together with key stakeholders, the ideal candidate will help further develop the company’s sales strategy. It is expected that the sales manager will spend a high percentage of his time in the field engaged directly in selling activities and transitioning gradually over to working mostly through the sales team to achieve sales targets. The successful candidate will lead the sales for Safisana’s products which includes compost and farm produce. The candidate should have a minimum of five years of experience in selling and managing salespeople in a Business to Business (B2B) environment. We’re seeking a quick learner who can adapt and innovate in an early-stage environment with strong selling skills and good sales management experience. We are looking for someone with a track record of success who can inspire the same in others.
● Execute the company’s sales strategy to meet and exceed KPIs and sales targets for products including Safisana’s Asase Gyefo compost and fresh vegetable produce.
● Prospect for and generate sales leads, following through with the sales process and closing sales
● Create and maintain a healthy sales pipeline
● Build and nurture initial customers into repeat buying clients
● Understand how to make Safisana products appeal to consumers based on the environment and current trends
● Eventually help grow our sales team by helping with recruiting, hiring, and onboarding new salespeople
● Mentor and train salespeople to improve performance and provide on-the-job support
● Teach other Safisana employees how to make sales to potential consumers
● At least 5 years of experience in sales with minimum 3 years of experience as a Sales Manager preferable for Agri inputs
● Degree in marketing or related field; Master’s Degree in the related field is a plus
● Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
● Agribusiness or related background is a plus
● Willing to travel; has a valid driver’s license and own transportation
Required Skills / Abilities
● Ability to make excellent decisions and overcome challenges creatively.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Self-motivated and organized
● Experience in customer relationship management and B2B selling
● Ability to adapt and function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
● Willingness to work additional hours to meet business demands
● Ability to work independently and proceed with objectives without close supervision
● Ability to train and coach sale people in all aspects of the sales process
● Experience using CRM to manage the sales process and forecast sales
Apply on or before 24th October 2021 by completing the web form here.
Join the movement