Vacancy: Commercial Manager (fulltime),
Safisana Ghana, located in Adjei Kojo, Ashaiman is seeking to hire a full-time Commercial Manager to be responsible for the commercial business strategies of the company for optimal growth. The company has plans in the next four years to establish two other plants in Ghana. The Commercial Manager shall be responsible for liaising with clients, coordinating with all departments, undertaking research to identify strengths and weaknesses of existing operations, systems, processes and procedures and developing new business models and strategies for profit growth and efficient workflow. Must be a team leader to manage staff to accomplish company goals.
In 2017, Safisana opened its first waste-to-resource plant in Ghana - the first in West Africa reaching around 80,000 people with improved social economic and environmental living conditions. We aim to scale our business in and beyond Ghana in the coming decade.
About your role
Safisana Ghana is currently seeking an experienced, and professional Commercial Manager with passion for adding value and increasing growth by identifying new commercial opportunities. The ideal candidate should be committed to maintaining a constant awareness of trends and market conditions, in order to provide strategic direction to Senior Management. The role requires creativity, strategic thinking and excellent organisational abilities. Must be capable of promoting and expanding our company's commercial activities to generate revenues in ways that lead to sustainable growth and satisfied clients. The commercial manager shall be responsible for mid management /policy-level business operations of the company
- Developing the commercial strategy and the commercial direction of the business of the Company and identify improvements to commercial procedures
- Collaborate and coordinate, monitor and evaluate the performance of the marketing team, waste sourcing, sales, marketing and all commercial operations
- Contract and negotiate with customers, suppliers and manufacturers
- Focus on developing and implementing strategies to accelerate growth
- Conduct market research and communicate detailed strategic business plans
- Develop business growth models, identify and convert commercial opportunities into sales growth
- Retain and improve existing customer relationships and their requirements to ensure they are being met
- Managing and assessing strategic risks, acting to acquire new customers and managing client relationships
- Design company-wide commercial database to aid continuous business and process analysis
- Conduct appraisals on new projects and business opportunities and recommend better provisions for Senior Management decision
- Working tirelessly to build and maintain beneficial partnerships with key stakeholders
- Develop and adopt metrics to monitor the performance of commercial activities to deliver maximum margin
- Provide assistance, support and guidance on all commercial issues within projects and ensure that commercial staff attain their maximum potential
- Provide contractual advice during tendering processes
- Ensure contract and subcontract processes are administered correctly to protect the Company.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Administration or related field; Master’s degree is a plus
- At least 5 years experience in commercial management or any related field.
- The applicant must have strong analytical, communication, and leadership skills, and extensive experience in the industry in which we operate
- Ability to develop and implement commercial strategies, meeting company goals and objectives
- Experience in building and training teams
- Understanding of quality standards, health & safety regulations
- IT and numerical skills; proficient in MS Office Suite
Skills / Abilities
- Ability to make excellent decisions and overcome challenges creatively
- Ability to analyse, prioritise and deliver results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to negotiate
- Good business and commercial acumen
- Self-motivated and organised
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- Able to work flexible hours and additional hours to meet business demands
- Ability to work independently and proceed with objectives without close supervision
- Availability to travel to meet business needs
Apply on or before the 25th of February, 2024 by completing the webform here.