Vacancy Technical Assistant
(National Service Internship)
Safisana Ghana, located in Adjei Kojo, Ashaiman is seeking to hire a Technical Assistant (fulltime) to assist the Plant Manager to drive operational excellence.
Safisana has developed a circular business model for local waste treatment for governments, utilities, and food processing industries. Our recycling plants turn organic waste and faecal sludge into high-value products: renewable energy, organic fertilizer, and irrigation water.
Purpose of the job
As the Technical Assistant, you will be responsible for supervising the day-to-day operations and monitoring of the plant processes and ensuring standards are followed to the latter and carry out where necessary; maintenance work on the plant machinery and other production-related duties.
● Carry out both planned and breakdown maintenance on company machines and equipment (CHP, conveyor belt, pumps, Bobcat, etc.)
● Assist with planned maintenance by using the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) programme.
● Assist in resolving engineering problems by collecting and analyzing information, researching, adapting and modifying engineering techniques.
● Assist with recommending solutions, preparing drawings, schematics, and diagrams.
● Assist to prepare guidelines by describing operational and testing methods and procedures
● Assist to ensure proper inventory of spares/assets
● Ensure work areas are clean of debris after work has been completed
● Ensure the use of correct safety equipment and apparatus on site
● Ensure that safety protocols are in place and followed
● Monitor the safety performance of the team and contractors
● Assist to ensure that downtime of equipment is reduced to a minimum level
● Assist in supervising the operational team
● Ensure the formation, turning, and packaging of compost according to standard procedures.
● HND or Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or Automobile Engineering
● Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
● Experience with Database Management
Required Skills / Abilities
● Ability to make excellent decisions and overcome challenges creatively
● Strong supervisory, leadership and people management skills
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Self-motivated and organized
● Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
● Able to work additional hours to meet business demands
● Ability to work independently and proceed with objectives without close supervision
Join the movement