Vacancy Technical Assistant
(National Service Internship)
Safisana Ghana, located in Adjei Kojo, Ashaiman is seeking to hire a Technical Assistant (fulltime) to assist the Plant Manager to drive operational excellence.
Safisana has developed a circular business model for local waste treatment for governments, utilities, and food processing industries. Our recycling plants turn organic waste and faecal sludge into high-value products: renewable energy, organic fertilizer, and irrigation water.
Purpose of the job
As the Technical Assistant, you will be responsible for supervising the day-to-day operations and monitoring of the plant processes and ensuring standards are followed to the latter and carry out where necessary; maintenance work on the plant machinery and other production-related duties.
● Carry out both planned and breakdown maintenance on company machines and equipment (CHP, conveyor belt, pumps, Bobcat, etc.)
● Assist with planned maintenance by using the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) programme.
● Assist in resolving engineering problems by collecting and analyzing information, researching, adapting and modifying engineering techniques.
● Assist with recommending solutions, preparing drawings, schematics, and diagrams.
● Assist to prepare guidelines by describing operational and testing methods and procedures
● Assist to ensure proper inventory of spares/assets
● Ensure work areas are clean of debris after work has been completed
● Ensure the use of correct safety equipment and apparatus on site
● Ensure that safety protocols are in place and followed
● Monitor the safety performance of the team and contractors
● Assist to ensure that downtime of equipment is reduced to a minimum level
● Assist in supervising the operational team
● Ensure the formation, turning, and packaging of compost according to standard procedures.
● HND or Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or Automobile Engineering
● Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
● Experience with Database Management
Required Skills / Abilities
● Ability to make excellent decisions and overcome challenges creatively
● Strong supervisory, leadership and people management skills
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Self-motivated and organized
● Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
● Able to work additional hours to meet business demands
● Ability to work independently and proceed with objectives without close supervision
Please fill out the application form below before the 1st of July. Should you have any questions, don't hesitate to mail to email@example.com We look forward to your application!
Join the movement