Hey there, this is the default text for a new paragraph. Feel free to edit this paragraph by clicking on the yellow edit icon. After you are done just click on the yellow checkmark button on the top right. Have Fun!
Financial Assistant Safisana Ghana
Safisana Ghana, located in Adjei Kojo, Ashaiman is seeking to hire an Financial Assistant to join the Finance team and assist in financial and administrative duties.
Safisana has developed a circular business model for local waste treatment for governments, utilities and food processing industries. Our recycling plants turn organic waste and faecal sludge into high value products: renewable energy, organic fertilizer and irrigation water.
Purpose of the job
Reporting to the Finance Manager, as the Financial Assistant, you will assist with the day-to-day tasks in our finance department and play an integral role in maintaining account information. The ideal candidate should be highly organized and detail-oriented candidate, should have knowledge of general accounting and bookkeeping practices as well as a strong work ethic. The role will involve financial and administrative services, including customers, vendors and asset management, general ledger reconciliations and assisting in process improvements and compliance.
● Responsible for collecting, checking, booking and filing of time sheets
● Responsible for all petty cash payments and receipts, including collecting receipts, booking
● Responsible for filing of all financial documents and contracts
● Responsible for bank booking, bank lodgement and filing in the required manner
● Responsible for preparing receipts, vouchers, invoices, etc. for data
● Responsible for tracking, booking and filing of purchase orders, purchase invoices and payment vouchers
● Responsible for the tracking and reporting of employee timesheets and absence days
● Responsible for collecting receivables and advising on overdue receivables
● Assist in raising invoices for customers and reconciliation of sales ledgers
● Assist with renewal of legal & statutory permits
● Assist in filing of statutory payments and reports
● Assist in monthly payroll processing including issuance of payslips and keeping organized records
● Assist in preparation of monthly financial reports
● Assist to provide customer service to customers, stakeholders and clients as needed
● Assist to perform routine calculations to produce analysis and reports as required
● Assist the Finance Manager to review and audit financial statements and reports, ensuring all calculations and data entries are correct
● Assist in suggesting improvements in accuracy, efficiency, and reducing costs
● Assist to manage data, records, and reports by checking for errors and verifying accuracy of information
● Provide administrative support when needed
● Minimum of First Degree in Accounting & Finance or related field
● Candidates with Professional Certificate is an added advantage
● Minimum of 3 years working experience in similar role
Required Skills / Abilities
● Good analytical and problem-solving skills; attentive to details; ability to make excellent decisions and overcome challenges creatively
● Proficient with Office Suite and experience working with accounting software
● Knowledge of Ghana Tax Laws and applicable statutory requirements
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
● Self-motivated and organized
● Able to work additional hours to meet business demands
● Ability to work independently and proceed with objectives without close supervision
Join the movement