Safisana Ghana Ltd., located in Adjei Kojo, Ashaiman, Accra is seeking to hire a Maintenance Engineer to assist the Plant Manager to drive operational excellence.
Safisana is an international social enterprise that has developed a circular business model for local waste treatment for governments, utilities and food processing industries. In the Safisana recycling plant, we turn organic waste and faecal sludge into high-value products: renewable energy (biogas and electricity), organic fertiliser and irrigation water.
About your role
As the Maintenance Engineer who will be reporting to the Plant Manager, you will be responsible for supervising the day-to-day operations and monitoring of the plant processes and ensuring standards are followed to the later and carry out where necessary; maintenance work on the plant machinery and other production-related duties.
- Responsible for carrying out both planned and breakdown maintenance on company machines and equipment (CHP, conveyor belt, pumps, Bobcat, etc.)
- Responsible for planned maintenance by using the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) programme.
- Responsible for resolving engineering problems by collecting and analysing information, researching, adapting and modifying engineering techniques.
- Assist with recommending solutions, preparing drawings, schematics and diagrams related to maintenance and improvements.
- Assist to prepare SOPs by describing operational and testing methods and procedures
- Responsibility for ensuring proper inventory of spares / assets
- Ensure work areas are clean of debris after work has been completed
- Ensure the use of correct safety equipment and apparatus on site
- Ensure that safety protocols are in place and followed
- Monitor the safety performance of the team and contractors
- Responsibility for ensuring that downtime of equipment is reduced to a minimum level
- Responsibility for the supervision of the operational team
- Ensure the formation, turning and packaging of compost according to standard procedures.
- HND or Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Proven experience as a team leader or supervisor
- Proven supervisory and technical experiences
- At least 3 years experience in a similar position
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and experience with Database Management
Skills / Abilities
- Ability to make excellent decisions and overcome challenges creatively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions and collaborate with others.
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivated and organised
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Able to work additional hours to meet business demands
- Ability to work independently and proceed with objectives without close supervision
Apply on or before the 17th of April 2022 by completing the application form below. Please be aware that we only consider candidates that have completed the form; letters and CVs that are being sent via email to the company’s email address will not be considered.